You can tell a lot about a woman by peeking inside her bag. Just as animal crackers and a rattles are a telltale sign of a busy mom, My bag reveals an on-the-go traveler who tries to always be prepared for whatever situation may arise. Here is what I never leave home without:
1. I had a tough time finding hand sanitizer when I first arrived in Brazil and was not a happy camper. You never know when you’re going to find yourself in a bathroom with no soap. Having this handy is gives you peace of mind until you can give your hands a good scrub.
2. Even if I wasn’t a traveler I would keep Tylenol Pain Reliever in my bag. It’s nice to know relief is right around the corner when an unexpected bout of stomach cramps decide to visit.
3. I get the worst motion sickness so Dramamine really does save the day . Planes, boats and curvy roads are not my friends.
4. Colgate Wisp disposable toothbrushes are great. After an overnight plane ride I run one of these over my teeth. It holds me over until I can make it to bathroom and break out the real toothbrush.
5. I’m sure every girl tries her darnedest to always have a tampon. The feeling of horror when you realize you need one yet don’t have one handy just isn’t worth it.
6. Cough drops are great to have when you get that pesky scratchy throat. It also provides temporary relief for a stopped up nose.
7. I prefer the Classic Cherry Chapstick but I’ve yet to see it in Brazil so any ole thing will do so long as it makes my lips nice and smooth.
8. You will find one of these on my wrist at all times. My friend gave me these cute hair ties with metal embellishment so it looks a little more polished and a little less sloppy. If you didn’t know any better you’d think it was a bracelet.
9. Platex Sport Body Wipes are super when you need to remove travel grime. You feel (and smell) much better after rubbing one of these towelettes over your body.
10. This Michael Kors duo is one of my favorite discoveries. One side is perfume and the other is a shimmery gloss. It’s small and compact which is priority number one for any traveler.
These are just some of the things I use on a regular basis to make life a little easier when I’m out and about.